Tuesday, July 1, 2008

13 Years


Today is mine and Shane's anniversary we have been married for 13 years. Me and Shane met 3 months after I turned 16 in 1993, he was 18 so my parents thought he might be to old for me but I didn't care because I thought he was cute. I thought I would never believe in love at fist sight, but it is true. When I fist met Shane and we went on our fist date I knew that I would marry him, he probably didn't think that, but I did. Our fist date was with his brother Joe and a friend of mine named Sarah he said I could bring a friend along if I wanted to so he brought his brother along as her date. We wanted to go to a certain restaurant but we could not find it and had to settle for Burger King instead and then we went to the movies and was Aladdin. Shane proposed to me on the 4th of July 1994 with fireworks going off overhead I never expected it because I was starting my Senior year of high school that August and he was moving back to Ramah (I guess he had enough of Las Vegas)So as he moved back to Ramah I stayed in Vegas to finish school and plan the wedding. Shane came back as much as he could to visit me and he also took me to my Senior Prom. I graduated on May 20, 1995 and we were married on July 1, 1995 we had the wedding at the church in Vegas because my family is not members of the church and I wanted them to be involved. We were sealed in the Las Vegas Temple on January 13, 1996. Our fist baby was born 9 months after we went to the temple.

Now it has been 13 years and we have a pretty good size family, a home that we built, a barn full of animals and a company. I always said that by the time I was 30 I would be done having kids, and I did just that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Holy cow 13 years thats awesome. John and I have been together for seven but he says none of that counts and i can only start counting when we get married! Well anyways congrats again and hopefully I will get to see you soon :)

Carl and Starla said...

Happy Anniversary...I always forget that you have the same anniversary as Carl & I until Shane calls Carl to wish us a happy anniversary! One of these years we will remember and call you guys first!