Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fourth of July Rodeo 2008


Tatum & Chelcey Barrel Racing


My Little Cowgirl & Cowboy


Cassidy Goat Tying


Look at her hang on!


Cassidy Woolly Riding

I know I'm a little late at posting this but at least it's getting posted. To start things off I completely forgot my camera while we were gone for the 4th of July weekend, so I have pictures but they are the one's that the photographer took, and not me, but they will do. I just don't have any fun shot's but that's okay. The girl's competed in the Grant's 4th of July Rodeo on Sunday July 6, 2008. The rodeo started on the 3rd and lasted till the 6th. Chelcey did the barrel racing and got a no time because she broke the pattern, she tends to get a little nervous in a crowd and she also did pole bending where you have to weave your horse through 6 pole's and did very well in that. Tatum also did barrel racing and had a long time of 56 seconds, she is very care full when she is doing the barrels so she dose not knock them over. She also did the poles and got a time of 30 seconds a good time for her. Cassidy is the all around girl she rode a woolly and got a score of 43 which won her third place and won $45.00 she did the barrels in 25 seconds, the poles in 26 seconds and goat tying with a no time it was her first time goat tying and she kinda had a hard time with it, but knowing her she will work on it till she gets it right, she is not a quitter. Bowdy just hung out with me and had about 8 snow cones. I figured since they were only a dollar and not really a junk food and it kept him busy they were fine, he loved everyone of them mostly the blue one's. They all had a really good time. We stayed in a hotel with an indoor swimming pool and they really liked that.

While I am posting this I will also add that Cassidy was chosen to be in the Wild Thing Bull Riding Half time show on July 11,2008 (this is her third time being chosen for this event) as a woolly riding champion they choose kids in the area that are doing good in woolly riding and let them show everyone has it's done and if they get a good score they win a buckle, Cassidy was the first rider out and she drew the black sheep of the group and it was a fast sheep and she fell off and didn't get a time she also got stepped on by the sheep she said the sheep left her a tattoo because now she has a bruise on her butt where the sheep stepped on her. She was not mad that she did not win and even shook the kids hand that won and told him congratulations. She really is a good sport. She said later when she got in the car that it's okay she didn't win because she has like 9 champion buckles at home and will win the one's at our rodeo in a couple of weeks. I will post pictures of Cassidy at Wild Thing later when I get them back.

1 comment:

Carl and Starla said...

Sounds like fun! We ate at Ruby Tuesdays today on our way home from Ramah & on the TV there was barrel racing on it & my girls were in 'awe' when Carl told them that Chelcey, Tatum & Cassidy can do that, too. It was really cute. Anyway, I hope that Cassidy makes it to Oklahoma, we are hoping to come watch her if she does.