Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Alabama Vacation

Bowdy's footprints in the sand.


This year for Thanksgiving we were able to got to Alabama to visit my family since we were already in Oklahoma it was a 1o hour drive there so we made plans to go. We got there on Saturday November 22nd and the kids were very excited to see there grandparents that they haven't seen in a year and a half. We were all very tired from the long trip but for me there was one thing I had to do before we all got settled down and that was to go watch the Twilight movie. We were only there for a couple of hours before I was at the theater. My mom and Chelcey came along with me. Chelcey has been begging me for weeks to let her come with me when the movie came out so I decided to let her go, she loved it and so did I. So with that out of the way...Look at the smile on her face. She was so excited to get this shirt

The next day we took the girls shopping at the mall they really liked that because we don't have a big mall in Gallup and theses girls like to shop, yes they take after me! On Tuesday we took the kids to the Beach to swim in the ocean Bowdy has never been to the ocean and was very excited to see so much water that he took off down the beach to the water and when he got there he jumped right in and started screaming "it's cold!" Yes it was very cold and the wind was blowing. My mom and Dad came with us, the ocean is only 30min's from there house. After we were all done with the beach it was time for something to eat so we went to a restaurant called Boudeans, classic for the south don't you think? That is were Chelcey ate some alligator, yes alligator! The girl will try anything once, she liked it and ate all of it!


The girls playing in the ocean.
Bowdy on the beach.


My Mom and Dad.


Me and Shane on the beach


The next few days we didn't do a whole lot we just hung out at my parents house, and on Thanksgiving we had a big dinner with my parents, PawPaw Jack, MiMi, Granny and my brother. We had so much food it was crazy! The kids also got a little extra surprise they got to open Christmas presents from there Granny and PawPaw.




Busy opening there stockings


The kids with there grandparents


We left the day after Thanksgiving to go back home we had been away from home for 12 days and even though we had a good time we were ready to be home so me and Shane were determined to make it home without stopping at a hotel. It is a 20 hour drive from my parents to home but we made it and rolled into Ramah at 2:00am and more than happy to be home. And as for Shane he only had a day at home before he was on the rode to Vegas for the NFR trade show where he will be for next 2 weeks!


Don't get to see this were we live. A swamp we drove through on the way home in the Bayou.












3 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

Glad you were able to see your family!

Carl and Starla said...

BTW- thanks for putting our adoption link on your blog!

Gibbons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and man you must be tired. Have fun this weekend!