Friday, January 23, 2009

My 32nd Birthday!

The kids thought it would be funny to put 32 candles on the cake and then add the number 32!

I had my 32nd Birthday on January 19th. I really didn't want to post anything about it because I really don't fill like I should be 32! We celebrated my birthday on Sunday January 18th because Shane was not busy and it is his only free day. The girls Shane and Bowdy made me dinner it was pot roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and we had salad it was very good and they made me a cake that turned out very good also.I bought my own birthday presents this year because it's just easier that way. I bought a new pair of furry boots that I love, a new camera that I needed, and a MP3 player that I wanted but Shane could not find. Carlene and Richard got me a new set of makeup bags, and I like those to. Look at all that smoke from all those candles!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to the other reason that we had my birthday a day early is because we had to go to a funeral on my birthday. A very good friend of ours was killed on January 14, 2009 in Arkansas while he was working when a 4 ton piece of pipe fell on him and killed him instantly. His name was Joseph Rhett Ansley, he did a lot for our rodeo and was always willing to help out. We were there from 9:30am to 3:00pm Shane was an Honorary Pall Bearer. Joseph's birthday is today January 23rd he would have been 49 years old.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shane still took me on a date on my Birthday we went to Gallup and bought my other birthday present and it was a new mattress for our bed. We ate at Lotta Burger (I wasn't to hungry because we ate at the funeral) Then we went and saw the movie Marley and Me I thought it was a very cute movie Shane not so much he just said he liked it.

1 comment:

Carl and Starla said...

Happy B-day and sorry to hear about your friend. Oh, ok, now maybe you guys will get your Christmas present from us by Valentines' Day...sorry.