Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Youth Temple Trip

On October 25th there was a Youth Temple trip planned to the Albuquerque Temple. Chelcey Had turned 12 the week before and was able to attend her first trip to the Temple to do baptisms. Me and Chelcey rode with her Uncle Tom and Aunt Christina to Albuquerque. Chelcey's Grandma and Grandpa also drove over. When we fist got there I could tell Chelcey was very nervous and as we got closer to the doors to go inside she said "I cant believe I get to go inside the Temple." When we got inside she said "Wow it's so pretty." Then we went to the waiting room and she was still nervous until she started to notice that everyone that was coming into the waiting room she knew. There was a lot of people there who could not believe she was 12! There was even two of her teachers from school there, one of them was doing some baptisms of her own. I was able to had towels to the youth as they exited the font which was good because I had a good view when it was Chelcey's turn, her Uncle Tom was the one doing the Baptizing when it was her turn and also the Confirming. I think that made her fill better and not nervous any more. When it was time to go we went outside to take pictures by the fountain she got really excited because her best friend Charlie was outside waiting for her mom and brother to come out. Chelcey gave her a big hug and said "I was inside the Temple!" When we left the Temple we went to the book store were she got a new bag for her scriptures and a CTR ring. Then we went to lunch at Chili's with Uncle Tom, Aunt Christina, Grandma & Grandpa. I am so glad that she was able to have this moment in her life to remember and that I was able to be there with her.

3 comments:

Hyatts said...

It really is an exciting thing for Chelcey. I am Happy for Chelcey.and glad that you got to be there for her!

Amy

Carl and Starla said...

That is such a neat experience. I still remember the first time I got to do baptisms in the temple. But if we can all remember, this isn't the first time Chelcey's been in the temple...I remember walking through with her for the open house before Carl & I were married & she had these two VERY short pig tails & kept saying in a loud voice, "Where's Jesus? I don't see Jesus? Where is He?" Funny.

Anyway, I am glad you got to be there with her. I am sure she will remember this for a very, very long time.

Shane & Selina Evans With 3 Girls & 1 Boy said...

Starla I think you got that mixed up, that was Sydney not Chelcey because we did'nt go to the open house.